The AGBU Young Professionals (YP) is a growing network of YP groups and supporters from around the world who promote the Armenian identity and heritage for young Armenians between the ages of 22-40. Inspiring young professionals to get involved and stay involved, the network has acquired an international reputation for fostering a sense of community and belonging thanks to its open door policy.
Making a difference for over 15 years, the YP movement began in 1995 with the first group in Los Angeles. Since then, the network has expanded to include groups in Northern California, Greater New York, Orange County, Lebanon, Philadelphia, Paris, Plovdiv, Sofia, Boston, Toronto, London, Yerevan, Austria, Brazil, Washington, DC, Buenos Aires, Montréal, Hamburg, United Arab Emirates, Marseille, Chicago, Athens, and Lyon Rhône-Alpes, and partnership organizations like SIVAM in Moscow and HAIK in Frankfurt. The AGBU Young Professionals is the largest Armenian network of its kind today.
AGBU YPs devote their time, experience, and skills to help Armenian communities thrive by:
- engaging thousands of YPs worldwide through cultural, professional, and social programs;
- investing in Armenia, Nagorno Karabakh, and locally by fundraising for worthwhile AGBU projects (since the network’s inception, AGBU YPs have donated $446,000); and
- harnessing their collective power through cross cooperation and collaboration on regional and global projects.
An integral part of the AGBU family, the Young Professionals also work closely with AGBU Districts, Chapters, and Schools on joint initiatives, and participate in signature AGBU and YP events, such as the General Assembly, FOCUS, San Francisco Winter Gala, and the World Games.
For general inquiries or to start a YP Group near you, email email@example.com
- View YP Calendar of Events
- Join the YP Network
- Read the YP Brochure
- Find us on Facebook and LinkedIn
- View the YP Video
For more information on the AGBU Young Professionals, please visit www.agbu.org/yp.